What we do
EDAS aims to facilitate a substantial improvement in the effectiveness of economic development activity in Scotland. We seek do this by:
- Providing an independent voice for economic development professionals in Scotland
- Raising the knowledge, skills and networks of those involved in all aspects of economic development
- Ensuring economic development is at the forefront of the national and local public policy debate in Scotland.
Our activities include networking seminars on key economic development issues; independent, collaborative policy work; CPD training courses in economic development; and larger events and conferences. Find out more about our upcoming events here.
Our current policy themes for 2020/21 are:
- Inclusive and Sustainable Growth
- Regional Economic Partnerships
- Implications of Brexit on economic development.
Combined with attractive membership incentives, we continue to evolve and develop our services and activities, which currently include:
- Regular events and annual conference
- Continuing professional development activities
- Networking opportunities with people from a wide range of different geographies and organisations
- Parliamentary briefing focused on economic development matters
- Regular news and information bulletins
- Independent and informed policy initiatives
- National and international collaborations
Throughout all activity, EDAS aims to adopt the following working practices:
- Be membership driven
- Be inclusive to all those with any interest in economic development
- Continuously improve our activities
- Continuously strive for improvements in economic development in Scotland
- Be recognised as the “ONE” organisation that everyone interested in economic development MUST join
- Have an international perspective, directed to Scottish issues
- Be a respected authority on good practice in economic development presenting an independent and informed view
- Present good value for money.