Vacancy: Forth Bridges Area Tourism Strategy Manager
This position is jointly funded by the member organisations of the Forth Bridges Area Tourism Group and as the Group is currently chaired by City of Edinburgh Council, the position will report on a day-to-day basis to that organisation in terms of work programme delivery. The current default position is working from home but in due course, the post-holder will be able to work out of a variety of offices in Fife, Edinburgh or South Queensferry as required by the position.
The role is to oversee and manage the delivery of the Forth Bridges Area Tourism Strategy delivery plan which aims to position the area of the bridges spanning the Firth of Forth as a unique tourist destination.
Key tasks will include:
- Identifying and securing funding to deliver the key projects within the delivery plan.
- Developing and delivering tourism projects and marketing activities.
- Building excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, tourism businesses and communities.
- Providing secretariat and administrative support to the Forth Bridges Area Tourism Partnership Directors and Officer Groups.
- Reporting on progress towards implementation of the delivery plan.
Work Pattern for this role is Monday to Friday 36 hours per week.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person we are looking for
Qualification requirements are SCQF level 9, which includes a Degree or equivalent.
Other essential skills and experience:
- tourism destination development and marketing activities
- project management and successful delivery of projects
- managing budgets with funding from multiple sources
- making successful funding bids for tourism projects
Further details and application: Fife Council website